Friday, November 18, 2011

The Beginning

So I have been thinking a lot about were to start my blog, and decided that some history would be best.

Birthday 2009



The above picture is from my birthday party in 2009.  This was still when I weighed the most that I had ever weighed in my life, 320lbs.
Birthday 2010
This picture is from my birthday party in 2010.  I had my weight bouncing between 290lbs and 300lbs.  I felt awful, was sleeping as much as possible and had this really weird tingling and numbness going on in my body.

In June 2010, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and started taking cymbalta to help me body obtain a correct chemical balance.  Within two days of starting the medication, I was back in the gym lifting weights that I hadn't been able to pick up without pain since college.

It took my body months to heal, but everything went away.  I no longer had skin problems, allergies, digestive issues or problems with sleeping.  People could poke and touch me and I didn't jump out of my skin with pain. 

Come April 2011, my work had just completed it's first session of Weight Watchers at work.  Though my body was healthy, I just was not making any progress with my weight loss and was still sitting at 300lbs.  I joined the group and needless to say have not looked back since.  Just the other week I hit the 50lbs lost mark.  I have also set my goal weight, which is 140lbs.  I have not weighed that weight since I was 11 years old. 

I anticipate that it will take me a year to a year and a half to reach my goal weight is I stay on track.  Which means that I should reach my weight goal about the same time that I complete my Masters in Business.  Both of these goals will mean a lot of hard work, but I am looking forward to the challenge.

Birthday 2011

November 2011 50 lbs Lighter




2 comments:

  1. You are doing an amazing job, Sarah! I'm not going to lie, I weigh more than 220 now and am still working to balance my recently diagnosed thyroid problem. I stopped checking the scale once I hit 220 so I could very well weigh more than that now. I would be happy reaching 150lbs and am ready to find a source and a buddy to help me reach that goal. I know of weight watchers, but have yet to educate myself on the program. Let me know what I can do to support and motivate you to keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing Sara. What amazing accomplishments you have reached already. You are a blessing and an inspiration. I know you will reach your goals. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete