Saturday, November 26, 2011

Creating New Traditions

One of the things about making a big life change is the necessity that comes with it that new traditions must be made.  I still remember when I use to be afraid of change, but over the last few years I find myself getting warm and cozy with it. 

I have already started of the season by going to the Grotto last night for the opening ceremony and the Carolers' opening concert. It was a fantastic way to kick of the season and to hear from friend, Laura sing her solo.  Highly recommended for those out there looking for a fun and festive activity. 

One of the things that I love about changing traditions, especially for the holidays is the changing of the holiday decor.  I know that this sounds bad, but personally I would love to have new holiday decor each year with a few essentials that are precious to my heart from days gone by. 

With Christmas coming up, I am really starting to focus on what I want it to be this year.  There are some essentials to decide like tree or no tree.  Then of course potted or fake.  Definitely color scheme, which this year I am leaning towards deep burgundy/purple, gold, hunter green and black.  One idea I saw in a magazine was to use different types of planted trees like a lemon bush or topiary bush.  Also to make a wreath of fresh herbs like sage and rosemary instead of the traditional pine. 

My biggest debate every year is what kind of Christmas card to do.  I am leaning towards to Costco cards with the letter again, just because I love how fun the puppies look in the pictures. 

So what new traditions did you make this year?

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking about doing two Christmases one being a secular Christmas, and another being the real Christmas. We always do a ginger bread house but this year I have to decide if we want to do it in Oregon or here.

    ReplyDelete